Celltradein Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone number condition check payment email phone number bbb people emails
Filter review
Most helpful review

Resolved: Scam

Total scam. Their website says you'll get paid the same day you're phone is received. That's not true. It's been 5 days and I have not heard anything from them. I email them and get a generic email saying my request is in a ***. I have come to terms with the fact that my phone is gone. I should have traded it back in to AT&T, but I got greedy by the number this "company" was offering. They don't even have a phone number to call. Please don't fall for it like I did. They totally screwed me over and there's nothing I can do about it.
Resolved
Seattle, Washington
Cons
  • Scam
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Celltradein Phone Trade In Review from Syracuse, Utah

I sent my cell phone in perfect condition with the box, instructions, charger, and the earphones. They said they would give me $150. Then they said they could only give me $70 because the LCD was cracked. I told them to send my phone back. I received a phone back (not even my phone) without any accessories. Contacted them many times and they never responded. Fraud alert!!!! Do not use this company because you have no recourse. Once you send it in, it is gone.
Syracuse, Utah
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund

What a scam! No $$$ or phone now!

Update by user Apr 14, 2013

Update 4/13/2013.

Received an email yesterday saying I'd had $220 deposited in my Paypal account from eblaze.

Sure enough this is celltradein.com paying me for my phone. After 4 weeks of emailing them to the point of threatening legal action.

I transferred to my bank account immediately so they couldn't delete the funds. Guess I scared someone there.

Original review posted by user Apr 10, 2013
I got an offer of $220 for my iPhone 4GS 16G and sent it in with their prepaid shipping label. Tracking shows received and agreed to price for condition, but still have not received info about payment after several escalating emails. It's now been over 3 weeks with no response at all. I would take a little less money or choose to have the phone retuned to me, as several other sites offered just under $200 trade in offers. No customer service phone number listed. Am looking into legal action options and BBB complaint. What a scam this company is!

THis company totally sucks! I sent them 3 Apple iPhones.

Two were 16GB iPhone 4S's in PERFECT condition w/all the accessories. Well, after what seemed like FOREVER I got an e-mail saying they were giving me $10 for the 1 *** phone I had sent with the other 2 good ones. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt, after they sent another e-mail saying they had "received different device." So I immediately sent an e-mail (no phone # listed anywhere) and after waiting for a reply (within 24 hrs which was assured me in another e-mail from them) and that my case was "being reviewed by support staff) I never heard anything again. It's now been 2 mos, and despite multiple e-mails I have sent them, I have gotten no reply.

So now I'm out 3 phones, and got a whole $10 for them.

What jerks! I wish I had never even heard of this company!

Kansas City, Missouri

CellTradeIn are thieves

Sent the samsung galaxy 3 phone in for payment of $149.00 as described on their website. Waited and 24 hours later they said the phone was worth $1, it was 5 months old. So they said they'd return it. THAT WAS IN JANUARY....STILL WAITING FOR THE PHONE TO BE RETURNED. Now they do not have a phone number for customer service (ODD DON'T YOU THINK?) AND THEY WILL NOT RETURN AN EMAIL EVER!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I ALSO FILED A THEFT REPORT WITH CHICAGO PD...YEAH LIKE THEY WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT...NOT! SO AM OUT THE PHONE AND THE MONEY!
Madison, Wisconsin
Loss

Celltradein is a disreputable company

I sent my iphone to Celltradein, the company agreed to pay me $150. Later, they offered me $80 and sent me a check. The check was rejected by the bank and I was charged a service fee. I emailed CELLTradein and they responded by saying they changed banks, resubmit the check to the bank and it would go through. I resubmitted the check and it bounced again. My email to Celltradein remains unanswered. The are a Ripoff! Do not use them. They are a disreputable company!!! They are supposedly based in Chicago. Why must I enter at "least 100 words?" kkkkkkk lllllll ;;;;;; ;;;;; ''''''' ;;;
Orlando, Florida
Loss

CellTradeIn is a scam, should be shut down!

My boyfriend and I both got quotes from them for our iPhone 3G phones in very good shape. They quoted us $80 each so we sent them in. He opted for the direct payment, which was only for $64, and I got a check about 2 weeks later, also for $64 - no email asking me if I wanted to accept their offer for less. Our phones were exactly as we described them - not perfectly new, but in very good condition, no scratches or dents. These guys are total scammers - they tell you one price and I've not read about anyone getting the price they were quoted. I would suggest you try to sell on eBay or some other way. Based on what I've read, we are lucky that we got any payment at all. These guys STINK!!
#552070

BBB has 102 against this company.

#552069

BB lists this as a telephone number for Celltradein.com 312-233-****.

Parent company is Oracular Design.

@Michael H

Has anyone tried calling them? At this point, I just want my phones back!

These guys have my iPhone 4S, haven't heard anything from them!

Since they use the mail to perpetrate their scam I am considering a Mail Fraud Complaint with the USPS!

View more comments (3)
Chantilly, Virginia

CellTradein

Gave me an offer of $90.00 for my Iphone 3G. After receiving it i got an email saying that based on my phones condition they were prepared to offer $69.00. I said no refused the offer and asked them to send my Iphone back. They stopped replying to my emails and just sent the check for the reduced offer the parent company eBlaze Services, Inc got an well deserved F on the BBB rating they would have given them a worse rating if they had one available but that is as bad as it gets. do not do business with this company
West Palm Beach, Florida

Total SCAM!

Sadly my story is similar to the other posts but I thought it best to tell it anyways to show they are STILL ripping people off. I sent in my HTC EVO 4G to them 4 weeks ago - they received it and offered me a lower quote than originally quoted for a phone in perfect condition. I had a screen cover and a case on the phone it was imaculate so I declined their offer and told them to send it back to me....well, of course they didn't. After emailing them twice asking where my phone was I got a response saying sorry you will paid immediately but once again - NO PAYMENT! I am livid. The BBB shouldn't allow this company to continue ripping people off. They have far more complaints than compliments. Don't send them your phone because even if you get an offer it will be less than they quote you online - that's the scam - send it in, either accept a lower offer or they just keep your phone and you get NOTHING. IT SHOULD BE A RED FLAG THAT THEY DONT HAVE A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER ON THEIR WEBSITE - THE ONLY REASON WOULD BE BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT TO FIELD ALL THE NEGITIVE CALLS BECAUSE YOU ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE.

DO NOT do business with celltradein. They are a bunch of crooks and will steal your cell phone or ipad.

I sent celltradein an iphone and ipad, neither of which they ever paid me for. Do not do business with this company.

This company is one of three buy back companies owned by Ken Haller and eBlazes.com. They have been consistently ripping off the exact same way with all his companies and multiple complaints have been filed with the Attorney General of Illinois.

Next step is the FBI.

They are selling stolen goods across state lines. A felony.

I have also been mislead. I sent in my iphone4 in perfect condition with wall charger and in it's original box.

I am so furious that I didn't read all of this before hand! I have filed a complaint with BBB and written several emails stating that I demand my items be returned to me. I work at a national news station, I have already spoken with our news team to write a segment on this company and it's tendency toward theft and fraud.

Unacceptable. I'm so livid.

i sent in my phone, received the check but it bounced when i deposited it. Has anyone else experienced this

I have recently sent in iphone 4 for these guys, have not seeing any penny shows up either by the check or PayPal, filed complaint to BBB at Chicago, they should have this site shut down as soon as possible.

Very positive experience. Original quote for my Kindle Fire in good condition was $75.

I sent the tablet in, and they agreed to the original quote of $75.

I received my check 4 days after that. It was very easy.I would absolutely use them again.

I have had a very poor experience regarding this company. They say they will give 5% + plus the quote you receive from another company, if it's higher than theirs.

After 2 tries to contact them to honor what they post on their web site, I simply gave up! They don't deserve my business!

I had the exact same experience as Beth. Sent my near perfect iPhone 3 after receiving a quote for $80, and got the same "many scratches" on the LCD screen and back.

I replied with the explanation that it was in near-perfect conditio had been covered with the $30.00 leather case (that I sent them along with the phone) and were they sure it was my phone they were taking about.

Shortly after, I received a reply stating that they "inspect hundreds of phones a day" and would issue a check for the original $80.00 within 12-24 hours. Got the $80.00 check 5 days later.

I was worried after reading these reviews and just mailing off my iPhone 3 to Celltradein. My original quote was $80 and they came back to me with an offer of $64 due to some minor scratches and normal wear.

I accepted and received the check yesterday. Overall, I am very pleased.

Boy an I sorry I did not come to this site before entering into a business deal with these *** don not deal with these people unless you like getting screwed they are the worst entity that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with total scam!

View more comments (11)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Loss

Offer turned down but phone not received back

I saw the advertisement online sent my Titan phone in I had only had the phone a week brand new and I decided I wanted another phone so I decided to take celltradein offer of 267.00 but low and behold when they get the phone they offer me 97.00 I declined the offer and asked them to return my phone here it is 3weeks later still no phone I'm going to look further into this situation and see what needs to be done because I refuse to give a phone away help anyone please I'm fed up
ID
#319023 Review #319023 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sacramento, California

They scammed me!

I was given a quote for $205 for my iphone in excellent condition. It was like new, but when they received it they said it was average condition. They said they would only pay $164 and I could accept or reject their offer. I rejected the offer since Verizon would pay $185 and probably not try to rip me off. They said they would send the phone back, but about a week later I get a payment from them for $164 through paypal. There is no way to contact them by telephone, of course, so I sent them emails to try to get my phone back. I looks like I'm out of luck, but I am going to pursue fraud charges against them. It's only $41 dollars that they scammed me for (luckily), but it's the principle of the matter. I bet they do this all the time. Hopefully complaining to the BBB and blogs like this will help keep other people from getting ripped off like I did.
Fort Collins, Colorado

Must be why they received a "F" with the BBB

I sent my phone to them Dec 8, 2011 and I still have NOT heard back from them. I've sent numerous emails requesting status updates (no number is available). The last time I "Track My Trade" it stated that the payout has been released and should receive within 5 business days. Well, I've sent more emails asking what day the check was sent to my address since they don't like to communicate these details. These people were real quick with responding back when I had questions on how to submit my phone, but now that they have my phone, they NEVER respond back. I should have read the reviews before i chose this company. Now, after reading all the reviews, I'm wondering if I should even attempt to cash their check (if I ever receive it), seeing that it's always invalid and bounces! Must be why they received a "F" with the BBB!!!

Hi

My name is heather and i am a customer service rep for Celltradein i stumbled upon this site looking for something else, i would like to help you with your issues please email at SUPPORT@***.COM

I sent celltradein my phone on the tenth of may it is now the twenty first. They sent me an email first saying my device had been successfully processed, then they send me one saying they haven't received it yet and are gonna give me five days to send it. What is the deal?

I have dealt with celltradein twice and I had never had issues with them. I had always received my check on-time and without any bounced backs.

I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through this. Filing a complaint on BBB would definitely help though because I had to do it with other sites.

Have anybody got the check from celltradein!

Michael,

We had originally sent your payment on 2/16. Your payment was returned to us due to an undeliverable address.

You were sent a new check on 3/12/2012.

Please let us know that you have received it. I can also assure you that your check will not bounce.

View more comments (4)
Dallas, Texas

Im really pissed

I send a phone to the company celltradein .com on feb 3 2012 this people say i have to clear the ESN or get another offr well i do it i dont receive any notice to today feb 15 2012 , I really need this money , I have prove from ups somebody name hecker receive the cellphone i try to contact by phone n i cant ! I want to report to the authoroties the fraud this people do us the consumers . I rally ned help im a disable person ! i have like 20 emails i send to this company without no answears !

just file a comlaint with the bbb on their website they will pay I got paid for doing it

Bellevue, Washington

Celltradein.com are stealing phones

I sent my used cellphone to celltradein.com for a promised trade amount of $127. They received my package containing the phone (in a very good condition), including the original box and charger. They sent me an email when they received the package: "We received your package today containing trade #[...] Your device(s) are currently in queue for inspection. Once our inspectors have finished evaluating your package contents, you will be notified via email with their findings and information regarding your payment. This process can take anywhere from 1 to 24 hours." A month after this email, I still haven't received my check, and the status of my trade on their website still says "PACKAGE RECEIVED. Your package is currently going through quality assurance and your payout will be released upon completion." Their support phone number doesn't exist! I've sent many emails to their support@***.com address, and have only been responded only twice by Geronimo Le Blanc, saying he's looking into it. I keep sending emails and receiving no response. My wife received a check from them quite promptly, but it was a bad check, so she incurred a bounced-check fee. Celltradein is simply stealing. I'm seeking litigation in my case. CELLTRADEIN IS A SCAM! Do not send your device for a trade with this website.

They were recommended to me by someone that has sent several phones to them with no problem. I just sent mine Monday so we will see.

Also, you people that got bad checks from them.

That is a criminal matter. I would contact the sheriff's departmentn and ask what can be done about it.

Celltradein.com finally sent me the payment. After 5 weeks or so of absolutely no response from them, I received an email saying they're sorry about my situation, and that they've sent the check by mail.

Although my issue got resolved, I still wouldn't recommend anyone use their services, as the risk is too high.

I am considering a class action lawsuit against Celltradein.com

Anyone else thinking about it?

@PissedConsumer477870

Someone needs to do something about this co. Doing this.

View more comments (3)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Celltradein.com

I recently sent a phone in to celltradein.com and was supposed to get a check for $170.00. I received the check and deposited it into my bank only to have the bank call me 3 days later to say that celltradein.com STOPPED payment on the check. I emailed the company and they claimed that they had a couple hundred checks that weren't signed and new ones were issued. I, and my credit union are investigating this situation, this company has left alot of paper trail.....not a good thing. They better send me a check or my phone!
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Check bounced - not BBB accredited

I sent them my phone - it was supposedly lost by UPS, but then I received a check from CellTradeIN, however that check was ultimately returned by their bank because the account was closed. Phone number on their website does not work and no response to several e-mails. I am unable to file claim with UPS since I am not the "official" shipper, as a 3rd party paid for the shipping. So the phone is gone, I haven't been paid, and I incurred a bank charge for the returned check. Pretty much screwed on this transaction with nowhere else to turn!!!!!!!!

My check was returned by this company phone number is invalid CROOKS

Washington, District Of Columbia

Celltradein.com are theives!!

Update by user Mar 07, 2011

UPDATE: After the BBB of Chicago closed my case as UNRESOLVED I was contacted by Ken of Celltradein.com. He stated that he was trying to get accredited with the BBB and that my complaint was holding it up.

He asked that I have the BBB tell them that I was satisfied. I emailed back stating that I would be happy to update with the BBB if he would pay me the remaining amount that he owed me. And I asked him to pay me throught Paypal. After a week and a half later (Today) Celltradein.com paid me the remaining amount due and I updated the BBB with the fact that they paid me the money that was owed.

They still have a rating of F.

But I did the best that I could do.

Good Luck everyone!

Original review posted by user Jan 19, 2011
I sent a phone into celltradein.com Ken received it and signed for it and to this day (2wks)have yet to pay me for it. I have emailed and get quick one line responses. Never do they take the time to get my name to actually look anything up in their system. When you call it goes straight into their voicemail which your messages go unanswered as well. I have filed a report thru the Better Business Bureau and am willing to file a police report for theft if I have to for stealing a basically brand new phone.

Next step is the FBI.

They are selling stolen goods across state lines. A felony.

Unacceptable. I'm so livid.

I recently send it my blackberry phone last week and it said that it was at the front desk signed by Mike and I havent heard anything back from them so now Im finna file a complaint with BBB. They stole my phone.

Cell tradin stole my phone? :( :( :cry

Just a word of good news for those doing business with this company. I sent in my items before I read all these complaints and once I read then I thought for sure that my phone was gone, but today OI recieved my check that came in less than a week, and I cashed it about an hr ago.

It was a chase check and I took it to chase and had no problem cashing it. Perhaps theres hope.

I too sent in 2 iphone 3gs 32 gig. I received a check that was 20$ shy what i was promised but when i deposited the check, it was returned.

The 800# does not work and I don't know if I will get the money ever. I filed a claim with the BBB but who knows.

wondering if anyone has gotten a check from them that was bad cause my bank says there check will be returned.......?????????????

WARNING

Celltradein.com/eblaze

Steals phones

I send my phone in a month ago and have not received my check. Phone # listed on their site doesn't work and no one responds to email. This is fraud and I am going to report it now.

They stole my BlackBerry Torch 9800! I sent it in 2 1/2 weeks ago and still no check, nothing but just stiff emails.

They promised me $209.04. I still have not recieved it yet. I told them I really needed it soon, you know because of bills and all. My BB was brand new!

And they played me. So I just went to BBB so they can help me handle this!

Because all I get are stiff emails when I email them, and their phone number doesnt even work! :( :cry

View more comments (19)
Herndon, Virginia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article